At Mower, we value and encourage people—fierce people—like you. Simply because, we’re not just an agency. We are an intentionally independent community of thinkers, makers, and innovators who foster an entrepreneurial spirit and demand a diverse mindset. A place with purpose, striving to create authentic and enduring emotional connections between brands and people. A place where you can be your best, while empowering others to be theirs. Ready to find your fierceness? Talk to us today.
We are looking for a senior level talent to lead our Account Planning discipline.
This person will serve as the connective tissue–helping our agency and clients bridge master brand work into creative activation across relevant touchpoints. He/she/they will help evolve our internal briefing processes, pave a new path for ideation, and challenge us all to rethink how creative ideas can influence every part of an audience’s journey.
At the end of the day, we are looking for a problem solver; someone who can make the theoretical tangible so we can grow our business and that of our clients.
Sometimes this will require a highly creative writer and thinker.
And other times it will require a highly scientific mind and data focus.
Our ideal candidate will have both; seamlessly flexing from right brain to left brain.
You will be a vital part of Mower, adding to a culture of Fierce Friends recognized as one of “The Best Places to Work” is the US.
What You’ll Do:
Our VP, Brand Planning, will excel at the following:
- Develop, lead, and drive best-in-class marketing strategy for our roster of client brands
- Guide clients in yearly planning and goal setting
- Influence and collaborate with an integrated team– inside and outside of the agency– to bring creative strategy through to in-market execution
- Work closely with our Insights and other analytics teams to uncover and package insights that drive creative excellence
- Craft creative briefs that inspire and push internal teams to win business and awards
- Create frameworks that help reveal new ways of thinking about marketing strategy
- Serve as a dynamic and inspirational presenter for both prospective and current clients
- Act as “CMO-whisperer”; constantly consulting and providing thought leadership to our most senior clients
- Develop comms planning when applicable across various channels (media, social, PR, etc.)
- Lead research initiatives – with the ability to create questionnaires, moderate qual interviews, oversee quant workstreams and identify scrappy methodologies when needed
- Manage the brand planning strategy team, overseeing day-to-day brand strategy assignments and fostering the team’s professional development through ongoing mentorship
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s in Marketing or Brand Planning preferred, but not required
- 12+ years working in a highly creative environment
- 5+ years working in brand strategy or brand planning
- 3+ years management or leadership experience
- Experience across B2C + B2B preferred
- A deep bench of experience driving marketing excellence across diverse brand categories
- A passion for creative ideas that push boundaries and shape business
- Comfort and fluency in all forms of data, data platforms and research methodologies
- An effective and proactive leader
- A self-motivated person who goes above and beyond a client’s deliverables
- Have excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Have excellent presentation skills
- A team player
- Overall, someone passionate and energetic, with a ‘can do’ attitude