In the last nearly 50 years, we have had just two CFO’s. And with the pending retirement of the professional now serving, maybe this opportunity is right for you. At Mower we seek and value those professionals who have what we call STAYpower. Smart, Tough, Able and Yearning. That is what we need in our next chief financial officer.
This dynamic and wide-ranging CFO position will be best suited to those who love how the data informs the strategy, validates the objectives, someone who enjoys touching all aspects of a business, and who ultimately wants to build like an owner. As part of the Executive Leadership Team, the CFO will lead the accounting organization in fostering the financial health and growth of the company. With a dual reporting structure to the CEO and COO, the CFO is responsible for managing all financial-related activities across the agency. Budgeting and monitoring those budgets is crucial in an industry where change and the need for agility are table-stakes. Reporting the key financial and operating results of the business every month, assessing and evaluating the financial performance of the organization, and providing insights and recommendations regarding short and long-term growth plans, strategic objectives, and company initiatives are essential.
In addition, the CFO will be relied upon as a thought and culture leader in Mower’s fast paced business. As such, the CFO will be a trusted sounding board to the COO and Executive Team. The CFO will be a hands-on leader of the accounting teams and will serve a central role in Mower’s overall business operations, financial activities, and human capital positioning to meet the future needs and direction of the agency. Experience working for a Public Relations, Advertising, or Marketing company is a plus.
Educational Requirements & Qualifications –
- Proven experience as a CFO, financial officer, or relevant role
- BSc/BS in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- CPA certification is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of corporate financial and employment law and risk management practices
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g., Advantage/Webvantage)
- Demonstrated strategic planning and problem-solving experience
- Strong leadership, climate-setting, communication, and organizational skills
- An analytical mind and exceptional facility with numbers. A desire to have and make the workplace fun
Essential Duties & Responsibilities – Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives the agency’s overall financial planning
- Analyzes financial statements and presents same to the company’s other senior leaders on a bi-monthly basis.
- Responsible for the banking relationship of the firm
- Involved in all legal matters affecting the agency
- Accountable for the negotiation and final details of all client contracts
- Works with senior account leaders to review and approve client contract billing rates to optimize growth and profitability
- Responsible for real estate needs, including lease negotiations for all locations
- Contributes to decision-making for the company insurance needs including cyber liability
- Handles the yearly third-party valuation of the company
- Ensures cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Overseas the accounting team
- Manages vendor relationships and involved in contract negotiations
- Prepares reliable current and forecasting reports
- Instrumental in enhancing use of the modules in the Webvantage system
- Ensures compliance with public law and company policies
- Works closely with the human resource department; forecast staffing, approve all offers for new hires as well as labor budget
- Expectation of active involvement in a community board and industry organization