Mower is seeking an Account Director to work primarily on large B2B accounts. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking for an exciting career, not just a job. The Account Director is a senior-level position that owns the development and management of client relationships. The Account Director will develop top-to-top relationships with clients, clearly communicate and advocate for their business objectives with professionals within the agency. Candidates must have a minimum of ten (10) years of marketing experience in agency and/or client-side management roles and have strong experience in managing client expectations and understanding their business. Position requires an ability to translate market research and insights into actionable strategies; a familiarity with business analytics; and working knowledge and experience in both traditional and digital marketing.
Personal qualities include the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced creative environment and a results-oriented, service-driven mindset, along with passion, energy and enthusiasm. Demonstrated leadership skills and attention to detail are essential, as well as the desire and ability to share ideas and solve problems as part of a diverse team. The ability to be highly self-motivated, and to work with clients and colleagues to build/nurture account relationships is a necessity for success in this position.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leading initiatives to support the health of the overall client relationship, in addition tothe day-to-day management of assigned accounts.
- Building positive and lasting relationships based upon achievement of the client’s marketing objectives in a manner profitable to the agency. Navigating difficult situations to achieve positive outcomes.
- Advising clients on areas of their business or marketing communications in a way that “tells them something they don’t know.”
- Providing strategic planning and direction, working with Mower Insight, on assigned accounts and develop and present major creative and strategic ideas to clients.
- Providing strong, positive leadership to internal teams, and navigating difficult circumstances internally and with client teams. Maintaining a positive team culture.
- Leading the development and implementation of integrated marketing communication plans.
- Planning and leading formal and informal client and new business presentations.
- Maintaining a high profile in the community for the purposes of developing new business contacts and identifying opportunities.
- Reaching out to potential prospects to introduce the agency and open the door to opportunities. Able to present the Mower brand store effectively.
- Recognizing and proposing organic growth opportunities on existing accounts. Cross-selling agency services as appropriate.
- Managing the overall financial relationship with a client, from internal forecasting and client budget planning to participating in financial negotiations. Maintaining target AHR/margin metrics.
- Developing strong briefs for strategic and tactical projects, and briefing agency teams.
- Taking a leadership role in special initiatives/projects to make the agency stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Media, Marketing, Business, Project Management, or related fiel
- 10+ years of account management or related client-side marketing experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Broad understanding of all aspects of digital marketing
- Demonstrated supervisory, delegation and strong mentorship skills
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Confidently present work to clients